Access to the territory of the Monviso Valleys is provided by the two provincial roads that wind up the two valleys of the Po River and the Varaita River, the first one starting from Revello and the second one from Costigliole Saluzzo. Furthermore the Varaita Valley is connected with the French territory by means of the Agnello Pass (opened during summer from mid-June to mid-October).
ROADS AND MOTORWAYS
For the Po Valley
– Motorway A6 TURIN-SAVONA, exit: tollbooth MARENE; turn left and follow the road S.S. 662 in direction of Savigliano, continue to Saluzzo, follow the indications for the Po Valley along the road S.P. 26, for the Bronda Valley from Saluzzo, for Barge and Bagnolo Piemonte through the Infernotto Valley;
– Motorway A21 TURIN – ALESSANDRIA – PIACENZA, exit Asti est – continue to Alba-Bra-Marene-Savigliano-Saluzzo-Po Valley (road S.S. 662).
For the Varaita Valley
– Motorway A6 TURIN-SAVONA, exit: tollbooth MARENE; continue on the main road in direction of Savigliano – Costigliole S.;
– Main road (S.S.) LAGHI DI AVIGLIANA: Saluzzo-Verzuolo-Varaita Valley; or Cuneo-Busca-Costigliole S.-Varaita Valley.
– AIRPORT OF CASELLE (TURIN): then continue to the Monviso Valleys by car, bus (bus lines ATI from Turin, Corso Marconi); train (from the station Turin Porta Nuova to Savigliano; then by train or rail replacement bus service to Saluzzo)
– AIRPORT OF LEVALDIGI (CUNEO)
For information and reservations tel. 0172/741.500 – 558; fax 0172/374.300 ;
Continue in direction of Saluzzo – Po Valley, or Costigliole Saluzzo – Varaita Valley.
LINE TURIN-SAVONA (Turin-Savigliano, then by train or rail replacement bus service to Saluzzo). Consult the timetables on www.trenitalia.it
The bus lines connecting the territory are:
– ATIBUS, download the timetables from www.atibus.it
see lines TURIN-SALUZZO, SALUZZO-PONTECHIANALE, SALUZZO-PAESANA and SALUZZO-BAGNOLO
– DOSSETTO BUS, download the timetables from www.dossettobus.it
from Paesana for the upper Po Valley and CRISSOLO-PAESANA-BARGE
– AUTOLINEE ALLASIA, download the timetables from www.allasiaautolinee.com
for the Po Valley and the Bronda Valley
– AUTOLINEE CAVOURESE, download the timetables from www.cavourese.it
for the Infernotto Valley
– AUTOLINEE GUNETTO, download the timetables from www.gunettoautolinee.it
see line BRA, FOSSANO, SAVIGLIANO – PONTECHIANALE
– AUTOLINEE PAROLA, download the timetables from www.parolaviaggi.it
for the lines Brossasco-Valmala and Casteldelfino-Bellino